Wednesday, December 14, 2005

WOMYN


I was reading an article in TOI on how the word 'spinster' is associated with a sense of dependence and isolation and its relevance in today's context. At first, it didn't quite seem like a topic important enough to absorb, probably because I felt it would have no standing in my life being a guy. But the fury with which my friend reacted to this issue, I realised I had hit a very sensitive cord deep within hur, which could jepordise the sanctity of my "symbol of oppression".

Although I am not implying that the word spinster is appropriate to describe an ambitious, upward moving lady who knows what she wants from life.Instead thinking of a miserable womyn who just can't keep a man, I see a fascinating, independent lady confident enough to experience life, by hurself. I know these womyn who wear their hair short, dress-up like guys and demand to be equal to men! I don't understand why would you want to be equal to someone who will try to flip his underpants with his toes,while changing, in a vain attempt to catch it? Ladies you are so much more better than that! Why would you want to define your identity by apeing a butt-scratching, emotionally disjunct confused fool!

Most men donot find themselves untill they have found someone by which they define their choices and thinking. We find that essential link to an inner sanctum which leads us to truly knowing and accepting ourselves.I think without womyn we would be lost. Womyn are traditionally more sensitive because they are wired very differently.Recent studies have shown that the neural connections that join the logical left part of the brain to the creative and emotive right part, in a lady, are like an expressway, as opposed to us where it is more like a country road. This gives them a unique ability to be vulnerable and strong at the same time. While we guys are known to bottle up our feelings and desperately require a womyn, who can understand and connect with those emotions, to vent it out. For me womyn have always been a source of inspiration; enriching and mystifying.
So guys give your girl a big hug because you know that she makes your life worth living.

P.S. Incase you are wondering whether 'womyn' is a type over, it isn't. There is this school of thought that the words 'she', 'woman', 'her', 'female' are all dependant on a core masculine word so it's an attempt at being politically correct.

No comments: